When it comes to advising people how to take care of themselves, UK based Wellbeing Escapes
, spa and wellbeing holiday agents, say they are in tune with what makes people tick. Recognising that their clients lead stressful lives and as a response to the additional pressures many of them have been under this past year, they have launched Mind Unwind offering tailored breaks designed to give their clients the tools to cope with the strains of life and work, as well as tips and guidance once they return home to ensure long-term support.
The company says, "The state of the psyche is key to wellbeing which in turn affects performance, and an increasing number of people are beginning to realize the importance of addressing the health of the mind as a vital part of their keep fit regime. We are increasingly looking for guidance on how to take care of our emotional wellbeing, and searching for ways to stay in peak mental condition."
Meditation is a generic term for techniques used to quieten the mind into a deep state of relaxation. Meditation is considered as a serious form of treatment by the medical profession and used as an effective tool for depression, heart disease and diabetes.
Purported benefits include:
• Increased concentration and clarity of thought
• Increased memory and stronger decision-making abilities
• Increased efficiency and time management
• Reduced anxiety, depression and anger
• Increased tolerance to minor irritations and preoccupations
• Increased focus
• Younger and healthier appearance
Creativity and happiness
• Increased self-awareness
• Increased ability for intuitive thought
• Effective complementary tool in managing heart disease and diabetes
• Preventative technique for avoidance of disease (reduced stress levels)
• Can help in quitting harmful addictive habits such as smoking and excessive alcohol
• Can help in reducing symptoms of PMS and menopause
• Reduces insomnia
Each Mind Unwind holiday has been tailor-made to appeal to their broad client base, featuring packages aimed at de mystifying meditation and making it accessible for both newcomers and those keen to reconnect with the practice. Each package combines personal meditation instruction by experts with extensive experience and intensive practice with holistic activities and mind-clearing treatments such as Reiki and Indian head massage. While meditation can be done at home, a Mind Unwind holiday enables people to dedicate time and attention to learning to meditate without the usual daily life pressures, in a beautiful and comfortable environment.
Mind Unwind is aimed at the upper end of the market as it uses a selection of the world's most luxurious destination spas, including; Ananda in the Himalayas, India; Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary, Koh Samui, Thailand; Uma Paro, Bhutan; Longevity Wellness Resort, Portugal; SwaSwara, India and SHAWellness Clinic, Spain.